I went to Chinatown today in search of the perfect invitations. My criteria: Red, not tacky and inexpensive. Basically, trying to adhere to the traditional (for our families) and having some of our tastes integrated. If it were up to me, I'd go for modern and funky, red is okay... but I guess it's all about compromise, right?
I'd already done a significant amount of research online and seems like our best option will be to use one of the printers in Hong Kong and have them sent here. Though I'm aware that this will be the most cost-effective and selection vast option, I'm nervous about the quality of the invites, the cost after delivery and the higher likelyhood of error.
With all that in mind, I decided, better to go check out local options first and totally exhaust that option before going off-shore.
Based on the reviews that I saw on various boards, I visited:
CM Printing & Design, 178 Lafayette Street: All invitations were very traditional Chinese style with red covers and pink inserts.
Sino Printing Inc., 120 Madision Street: Also very traditional Chinese, plus the staff was pre-occupied with the delivery of the stacks of restaurant menus and not very attentive.
C&S Printing, 121 Madison Street: Found a design that I liked! Actually found a few... though they also looked familiar, when I scrutinized, I realized that I had seen the same designs on the Kam Shing website. Not sure of they just copied the design or if they outsource it to HK. But their prices are much higher. :(
Jin Printing, 123 Madison Street: Found a few designs that were okay. Some of them were on the cutesy side but overall, nice staff and reasonable prices.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment